Thursday, February 3, 2011

...AND WE'RE OFF!

All right here we go. First post on this blog. I have been thinking about a way to share some of my extra curricular activities with friends family and others and thought I'd give blogging a try.

A little about me...
I'm nearing the 40 mark (only a couple of years to go), and would consider myself decently active. There was a fairly lengthy period in my life that I gave up most of the things that I enjoyed trying to reach achievements that I thought others or myself would be impressed with (i.e. Career, property, relationships etc).  It wasn't completely terrible (achievement in some things is apart of growing up and necessary) but without even knowing it I was totally consumed by this.

By the time I was 35 I was 260lbs, living a desperately empty life.  Generally my life consisted of getting out of bed reluctantly, dragging myself to work, eating anything greasy with the hope that it would make me feel better, going home and sit on the couch to watch mind numbing TV while I drank and ate until it was dark enough to retreat into my bed.  I had given up on any healthy hobbies, the only physical activity I did periodically were sad attempts at golf periodically and I had even moved to carting around the course rather than walking it.

Lame!!! Just thinking about it bring backs shivering emptiness drenched in fear!

Fast forward almost 2 and a half years late and I'm 40lbs lighter, running races, skiing again and generally loving life.

I have found that the xtracurriculars are vital to my enjoyment while being a human being on this planet. I hope that after some time I can look back at this blog and be reminded of all the stuff that I have done and hopefully share some of those times with you.

Currently I'm preparing for a the first running race of the season and I just got s new pair of skis and a go pro camera to film some first person videos on the mountain.

Man it's good to be alive!!!

1 comment: