Monday, February 21, 2011

Federal holiday

My morning routine, typically goes like this.  Wake up to the alarm clock (intentionally at least a 1/2 hour early).  Typically my first thought is how many "snoozes" can I go through.  Sometimes I get right up (days I don't go to work), but often I go through at least 2-3 snooze sessions.  Once up, let the dogs out, start the coffee, hit the showers, get dressed, coffee, quick bite, dogs in, and out the door.   Without rushing this takes me about 20 mins.  

Well this morning was like no other, except as I grabbed my blackberry before I walked out the door, I had a fleeting thought of the Mt. Hood conditions page saying something about "join us this holiday weekend".  I didn't have a holiday on my work calendar... but I looked it up on google and sure enough, Presidents day!

I can't keep the federal holiday's straight so I called my secretary, no answer, but didn't want to miss my standard monday morning meeting.  So since my office is close, I jumped in the car to find an empty parking lot when I got there.   

Shoot!! If I would have known I might have "joined' them today, instead I guess I'll continue working on the yard, which isn't so bad. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Life is certainly full of surprises, eh? Unless the US Government doesn't close down within the next week or two, the next holiday weekend is the Memorial Day holiday weekend in May.

    ReplyDelete